Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Layette Done

Well, for the most part. All I need to do today at lunch is thread the ribbon in the dress and booties. I think it came out beautifully, and I am SOOOO glad it's over. Will I take on another task as daunting as this one? I'm going with no. I may make the little dress again without the not so pretty flowers, I kinda like the v-stitch that it's done in.

I got my Falling Yarn box from my partner today, it was very nice. I got this huge cone - 1 lb, 4.5 oz of pink fingering angora - it's absolutly beautiful... I've been petting it and making my coworkers pet it also - they think i'm nuts! I think I'll make a baby dress out of it - I know, a dryclean only baby dress? but its just calling out for it. And it would be a nice pricey addition to my crap to sell. Maybe I can make one for the fair - hmmm. We'll have to think about this! There's so much of it, I mean Ok, fingering weight - I used that on the layette I made. I used almost 6 1.75 (10.5 oz) oz skeins to make the whole thing. This cone has 20.5 oz. I could make this whole set and probably a sweater for myself with this thing! Anywho, there's also another skein of Jaeger Trinity - 50 gm in a coffee color. This is a silk/cotton/poly blend that is very soft but sturdy. I have no clue what to do with it. I have been saving some tan divine mohair for a toddler lion hat, maybe I'll use it with that. We'll have to see, theres not much so I need to make it have a big impact.

So, falling yarn is done, next is the scrunchie swap. And since I have 80 million already done for the craft fairs - this will be easy! I know I know - cheating. Oh well, maybe I'll wait to see what sells well at the fairs and send them that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger