Saturday, October 08, 2005

updates and stuff

Lets see, I finished the pink scarf this morning, and it was a good thing. Lemme tell you a story.
When I was 13 I had a best friend named Jennifer. We sang together and wrote songs together and were generally connected at the hip for a few years until she moved away to an aunts house to go to school and I moved to OK for no apparently reason. Every once in a while I'd head over to her parents house to inquire how she was doing and actually saw her once or twice after we moved but thats it. A few years ago I started thinking about my 30th b-day party (coming up in 4 weeks) and got very nostalgic and looked up EVERYONE I could think of from my past - old boyfriends, friends, everyone. She was SOOO MIA, that I had given up. Then last year I had stoped at the grocery store and I hear from behind me "Brandee Mitras!" Course I had been Fondren for 5 years, but turned around anyway, to find Jennifer and her little boy Landon - and she has lived less than a mile away from me for a few years. HOLY SHIT!! We exchanged numbers and met up a couple times after that then lost touch again after the hurricanes. She called me a few months ago and we have gotten very close, we joined choir at church together, and I've been trying to help her with her Mary Kay thing. ANyway, today's her birthday and I had the most awesome idea for a gift for her - the Debbie Gibson cd that we used to sing to when we were kids! 3 stores later I gave up. I tried to think of something else to give her, and my brain failed. Oh wait, pink scarf... Mary Kay... that's it! So I finished up the scarf and wrapped in tissue with a chain crochet bow and handmade card. Hopefully that'll do it, but I will tell her my original idea... maybe amazon will have it for Christmas!

After I finished that scarf I did another one for the Craft fair at Jakes school in their colors. It's pretty, and I just need to finish up the tassles, I'm 1/3 done with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger