Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Thirty and stuff

There are exactly 21 days left until I turn 30. I have always been excited about birthdays, and this is no exception. 11/5 is my party and although I've had nightmares about no one showing up, it looks like it's gonna be a blast. I really hope that I get my yarn winder, and of course gift certificates for yarn wouldnt be frowned upon! Yesterday at lunch I finished the 1 sleeve and started on the other one, but didnt get very far, i'll work on it more today. I went to Michaels yesterday on the way home and picked up the pink to finish up the scarf (which I did last night), I also got some off white simply soft and a celery green skein of that red heart $6 yarn (b something I think - bliss maybe), and used my 50% coupon. I think it will make a beautiful scarf! So I finished up the twisty scarf and it came out very cute, I made it longer than it called for, and I think thats a good thing. Hopefully it'll sell. After I finished that, I wanted to do another one in the school colors (burgandy & grey), and I had half skein each of SS and went to work. It's another pattern from my scarf book, it's supposed to be alternating color rows of shells, but I'm doing 5 rows in burgandy, 5 rows in grey, etc in the same shell pattern. There ends up being 3 shells in 1 row, 1/2 + 2 + 1/2 shells in the next, etc. It's pretty and more boyish than the last one I did, and kinda Potterish! I got about 6 sections done by the time Vegas was over and went to sleep. Tonight's choir practice so I dont expect to get a lot done, but we'll see, I usually watch NCIS & Commander In Chief tonight, but choir requires that I tape NCIS. We'll see how tired I am and how much I actually watch. I also feel like I'm starting to get sick, which isnt good! Happy crocheting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger