Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Barnes & Noble Angst

So I belong to a little website called mypoints.com where you can earn points on things you buy online, and by reading (or at least opening) special junk mail. These points are then translated into gift certificates, I've earned about 22 $10 gift cards to various restaurants in the 3 years I've belonged.
Anywho, I decided to go for a $20 B&N gift card instead of my normal restaurant last time, so that I could feed my crochet book addiction...and if you order online you get points for that too :). S
o I ordered My scarf book and "Hip to Crochet" since the gals in my crochet group rave about it. The scarf book came in wonderfully, but the Hip to Crochet came used from an outside vendor (hippo books suck!). I got the book quickly enough, but it had 18 missing pages. no bags, no sweater, no slippers. Mad doesnt even begin to describe it. I put it back in the package with a note on the packing slip saying I want my money back - all of it including the shipping cost. This was on 9/20. It's been over 3 weeks and I've sent them 5 emails, only 1 of which has had a response. Did they get it back? No clue, it went first class back to them (thanks to my office's nifty mail machine it wasnt my dime) so they should have had it say 9/26 at the latest. I even sent an email to B&N informing them of their outside vendors BAD description of a book. The note I had gotten back from Hippo was nice (after my 3rd not so nice email to them) saying that when the book was received by them they would make amends. That was dated 10/4 - well after they should have already gotten it. 2 more emails asking them AGAIN if they had gotten it, and this morning I went off. My email started "well the last rude email I sent seemed to work, so I'll try that again". But, at least I've got my points!

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Karla said...

Hey, thanks for that tip! I think I'll redeem mine for a Barnes & Noble, too! Then buy online using MyPoints! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger