Friday, October 21, 2005

hurricanes and such

Ok, it's been 82 years since a hurricane went into the mouth of tampa bay, and I think its a little past due. Do I want a hurricane here - no. Right now I know they are predicting Ft Myers which is about 2 hours south of us, but more and more of the spaghetti models are putting it here - 3 days ago it was 1, last night it was 3, right now it's 6. At least it's slow moving and we will know where it's going with plenty of time to do something about it. I just wonder if school/work will be open on Monday - looks like it'll hit that evening, and you never know what we'll be feeling. Tuesday may be closed. Wednesday night is our pre-show crochet meeting to discuss pricing and set up of the booths. Our show is Saturday. I also have a show the following saturday, and I just found out that we have a new fresh market every saturday between now and May that booths are only $10-25 , so on my non-show weekends I can do that! I'm going tomorrow to see what all they have, and see if I think my stuff would go well there.

The angora baby dress is coming along nicely, I have 3 rows left on the skirt, then sleeves and neck ruffle, that's it. I'm not doing a flower, but maybe some ribbon on the bottom edge and sleeve edges, we'll see. Its SOOOO soft to work with and it's laying very nicely. Next up I think I'm going to make a scarf with it, and maybe a beret.... as long as the hook is bigger than the D i've been working with for 2 projects now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger