Thursday, August 18, 2005

United We Stand

Well, I got the skein of RHSS burgandy to finish up the afghan and I got safety pins to put the stitch markers together (I had done the beadwork at work since we had some extra beads from convention lying around - and hey... free is good), and I think they turned out pretty nice. Stabbed my pointer finger with the wire and it STILL bleeds if I press on it and it hurts like crazy... especially since I have to type with that finger... but oh well. I just need to finish them with my needle noses so no wires are sticking out to mess up yarn work. Since this is my first swap I'm pretty excited about it, I just hope that I did ok - I'm not a beader... obviously! Um, oh ghan, so I got the first red stripe finished on one side last night and that's it. We had to stop go shopping at hellmart so I didnt have much time for actual crocheting, but at least I now have the yarn to finish it. When we went to that area of the store my hubby was like "but you have bins FULL of yarn, why dont you use some of THAT?" Well, cause I dont have anymore RHSS burgandy... But I did start a purse with some of my stash yarn.... didn't quite work like I had hoped, but hey it's was only $2.19 to get the half done afghan off the couch and into the "done" bin, so I think it's worth it. He did also complain a bit - "open the trunk so we can put the groceries in" me - "um, well, I COULD open the trunk but it wouldnt do us any good since there's no room in there" him - "you still havent taken that crap out yet?" me - "Uh, no." Mind you the craft fair crap has been in my trunk since 6/25... and I guess it's about time to take it out, maybe tonight if I remember. hehe.... hehehehehe. It's such a sad existance!

I was able to stitch a few rows on the purse this morning while Jake drank juice and watched Recess before we had to head out the door. I'm not sure if I like the way it's coming, at least the part where the handle will go. It's kinda strange and not exactly symetrical - so either my increases/decreases dont match for whatever reason or I did it wrong or it's a bad pattern. I'll have to play with it to see if I can get it right - that's what I brought with me for today at lunch.

I had thoughts of making a little halter for a friends little girl that turns 4 next week - with yarn I already have. I have some really nice simply soft in 2 different blues, and they would match her eyes really well, so I think I'll do it with that. Hmm. It's a terrible addiction... but cheap presents!

Last night's baby conversation didnt go too well, and when I saw the breakdown of finances I understood. We have a week and a half to make a decision on if we want to try in September - so pray for me... guidance would be nice... a yes would be nicer!

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Brandee Fondren said...

Were you from the Tampa area? I didnt realize they went any further than that! My hubby used to book them at USF all the time, but I have to deal with just the cds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger