Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Last night I didn't get too much done - worked a little on the nylon bag, that thing is a pain! The stitches come out pretty easily if my hook falls out, which sucks and it makes me wonder how I'll be able to finish it off - I usually do a knotted slip stitch, but I'm afraid it'll come out, even if I do zig zag my ends. Maybe I'll have to open the end - it's 3 strings twined together - and knot them and then weave it, hopefully that will work. I'd hate to finish it only to have it fall apart! I also worked a little on my last star row, I'm almost done with the last star of the last star row, then, because these are join as you go I have to do the last row of them all, I've already joined 3, 3 more to go. Then the stripes - and I realized I'm out of RHSS burgandy that I'm using for the red stripes. Oh well, guess I'll HAVE to venture over to either walmart or joanns to get some more. I heard that the Fashion Bug next to Joanns is having a sale, so maybe I'll head over ther (shhh, don't tell Travis). I brought that one with me to work on at lunch, I should have at least all the stars together and a start on the first red stripe - until I run out of yarn that is!

Upcoming projects: Well, assuming that some wonderful person RAOK's me some RHSS medium sage I'll finish the pillowghan. Guess I could work up until that point, maybe after this ghan is done I'll do that.

I also have to make a ghan for my son's God Parents for Christmas, and a baby blanket for a friend that's due beginning of December. I still havent found a pattern that I like for it yet, but I'll keep looking. I have this Jamie baby that I got at Joanns for .30 a skein (the little ones) and I think I have 6.

I would like to make some more cowboy booties for the craft fair. I'd also like to make the lion if I can find the fluffy mohair for the mane. It's so cute, and everyone seems to think the stuff out of that book will sell well. I've already got the moo cow set, hershey kiss and rose. I probably ought to finish up the last bootie of the Christening Gown set and sell that too, but I was kinda thinking to keep it and enter it in the fair in January. We'll see.

Choir practice tonight, and a swim date for Jake tomorrow. No crochet group this week, and next week will be my last one for almost a month because I'll miss the first one in Sept because of Convention. Oh well, i'll be in the keys - guess that'll be better than group anyway... maybe! hehe. That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger