Wednesday, August 17, 2005

started another purse (hangs head in shame)

Last night was choir practice so no crocheting at all! Yesterday at work I was able to finish up the star field - it's all stitched together, but I didnt have a chance to start the stripes. I also didnt have the chance to get the rest of the yarn I need for it and it's not enough to kill the 45 minutes at lunch I have today to crochet.... so... I started another purse. I know, i know - yeah yeah! It's homespun Boston Rose, it's a rather funky purse from In The Bag - (cant find a pic of it) the Fur Handled Bag. BUT - i'm using round wood handles instead of the fur handles and there will not be a fur accent on the bottom. Just a pink round bottom (kind of crescent shaped) with wood handles. It should be cute, i'm rather excited about it. I should have brought in the yarn for either the Christmas ghan or baby ghan... but I didnt! OOPS! Oh well. Maybe when I'm done with this one... yeah right!

I was wandering around Crochetville and found the posting about the Cookbook. It should be exciting, and I'm looking forward to submitting some recipes. Drew "The Crochet Dude" recommended Lulu for publishing, and so I peeked around their site. I have thought about doing a booklet, but need to figure out how many patterns I have made that I'd want to publish. Although most of what I crochet is scavenged from other peoples patterns (or at least the idea behind their patterns) I have made a few of my own. Usually I'll learn to do something - like the pocket purse - from somewhere and do a bunch of variations on it. Although you have about a billion different patterns for pocket purses - I have made some pretty cute ones! Or, I'll take a stitch that I like and make a pattern around it - I made a fancy chenille capelet from the flower stitch and it came out so nice! Anyway, pretty much a "lets pretend for a minute that I'm not too lazy to do it". I'll keep thinking about it for a while and see what happens. Maybe I'll get inspired!

Guess that's it for now. ttfn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger