Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Project list update

Right now I'm still working on the United We Stand afghan, I'm about 2/3 done with it - it's broken down into 3 sections - the star row and surrounding stripes, I've done and stitched together 2 and have the whites of all my stars done and 2 of them have blue. They go pretty quick so I'm hoping to have it done by this weekend. And although I should have brought the stars with me to work on at work during lunch I didnt. I started something new , the Incredible Fur purse http://michaels.com/art/online/projectprint?width=80&pid=e02631 since i had bought the incredible w/matching fur like a month ago.

The Pillow Ghan. This has become the bane of my existance! I looked at it again yesterday and I was very good - I did not throw it across the room! I have 5 squares to finish that all have 5-6 rows (all different colors) to go, then stitching it together (after I figure out HOW to stitch together a pillowghan). I am stuck because one of my rows I need RHSS medium sage and apparently I bought it on clearance and they dont make it anymore. Not at Joanns, not at walmart, I need to check Michaels. I put it on my RAOK wish list, maybe some sweet soul can check their stash and part with half a skein - I dont need much - Really! SO, that is on hold with a reason!!

That's actually it, 3 projects - the purse (which will be done today), the patriotic afghan and the pillowghan. WOO HOO - gives me room to find something else to work on. ;)

Finished - I finished the cowboy booties that I needed for the sale and I also whipped up a pair of fireman booties (her hubby is a firefighter) as a perk (shh, it's a secret). Hopefully that will make her more inclined to bring me more business. It was so fun wrapping the little things and making the thank you card - I did a nice job and I was very proud.

I also did another bag from the In The Bag book - highly modified, but it was my first thing with handles. Lucky for me Joanns has handles 1/2 off this week so I got 2 pair. The one I did was red homespun & red fun fur together in a little 6x6 pocket purse and a pair of 4.5 inch bamboo D shape handles. I forgot to take a pic before I packed it up. I now have a wood (not the bamboo kind) 5" O handles that I need to find a good purse to go with.

I think that's it.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brandee...Wow! While I was searching for info on wood working band saw I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working band saw. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about wood working band saw.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Brandee, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wood working band saw I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working band saw. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wood working band saw then drop by for a look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger