Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yarn from Home Depot?

I was talking to my hubby about getting some nylon cording to crochet some purses with - I've seen them done but havent seen any patterns for them and the cording that I found was at walmart (not joanns) and only in black and white and a small cone was almost $4. So, Travis suggested the nylon cording for tying down tarps and gardening purposes from Home depot. Hey, i'm game - so he and his dad went to Home depot to get stuff for our fence (a year after the hurricanes blew them down - i'm so excited) and while they were there he bought me some white not nylon but similar cording - 500 feet for $8 - and his dad paid for it when he paid for the fence, so it was free to me. It's pretty, shiny but kinda hairy to work with but is turning out beautifully. I figure I'll make a little pocket purse and add some sequins and beading for a bridal purse - it's perfect for that! I'll post some pics once it's done. I still didnt get the incredible fur purse done yet but just HAD to try out my new "yarn".

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Tracey said...

I have a nylon cord purse pattern from the book "Cozy Crochet" and I've been dying to make it. The pattern calls for nylon cord made by Judi & Co. which is hand-dyed and gorgeous, but also expensive and difficult to find. Thanks for the Home Depot tip b/c I haven't been able to find nylon cord anywhere, although I haven't tried really hard. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger