Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Because I am, perhaps, stupid

Yesterday I told the world (well, all 4 of you) that I was pleased that the craptastic feelings were limited to the evening, and I don't have morning sickness. Might as well had put a Kick Me sign on my back for the universe to take aim at. No, I haven't yet thrown up (see, learning not to speak in absolutes). However, RIGHT AFTER I posted yesterday... I started feeling crappy. This morning, crappity crap crap. Tums is my friend and I love it dearly.

Lets see, yesterday at lunch I did not crochet on the baby blanket, I did the Newsletter mailing.
After work I got Jake from school and went to Kash N Karry to discover that I wanted cookies & cream Edys, bread and butter pickles (no, not at the same time) and black cherry yogurt. Jake wanted tacos for supper. Sold.

So as I was cooking dinner (such a strange term for nuking pre-made taco meat and a spoonful of refried beans in 2 soft tortillas, but whatever) Jake asked, very politely with May I and everything, if he could put on the temp tattoo from his lunchable, and next time he wants to put it on his leg. Sure, Jake, no problem. Can I put it anywhere? (thinking about leg tattoos on the last day of school) Sure son, that's fine.

Guess where it was. Go ahead, guess.

His forehead. No, really.

Um, Jake, you are NOT going to school tomorrow with a Pirate tattoo on your forehead. I dont care if I did say you could put it anywhere, that does not mean your forehead. Yes you can leave it on tonight but in the morning it comes off. Yes before you can show it to your friends at school. Yes I understand that you think it's cool. No, you really cant wear it to school. One... Now, go eat your taco.

Travis woke him up this morning for me while i was getting out of the shower and came in and said "Is that a temporary tattoo on our childs forehead?". Um, yeah but it's coming off this morning. Oh, ok.

And let me tell you - those things are hard to get off. Water and a washcloth, soap and a washcloth, baby oil and a washcloth - they dont really work too well. A scary combo of all of them with a lot of rubbing worked at removing the tattoo and 4 layers of his forehead skin. It was very pink. And also, there was tattoo in his hair. Then baby oil in his hair, but only the front. I probably should have tried harder to make that go away, but a) its the last day of school b) we were running out of time c) I am lazy, and will give him a shower tonight.

I voted for Kat, and dialing non-stop for an hour netted me 1 vote. Darn busy signal. Oh well.

Babyville: Cells of the liver, pancreas, stomach, and lungs begin to take shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger