Thursday, March 30, 2006

The sock update

Ok, i'm noticing that there my be a slight problem with my sock. The lack of the plural s. Here it is so far in all it's glory:

Please notice that I have a stitch marker instead of a dpn on one of the sides. That is because at lunch I discovered that I was missing a dpn. I used it last night on the couch watching idol and bones.

I THOUGHT i packed it in my bag - i have even been sticking the not-on-work ones in the ball of yarn for safekeeping after the "moron, the needle is in the back of the book" incident. (no, the needle is not in the back of the book this time. I promise.) It is not on the floor of my office from when I showed bored-to-tears-with-brandee's-knitting co-worker, so perhaps it is at home in the couch somewhere.

No worries, I made due with the stitch marker, it was just, um, creative. It just makes me look even MORE like a knitidiot than normal. At least I dont have to purl when it's like this. (shouldnt have said that huh, i'm sure a purl will now pop in there somewhere). So I think i'm doing pretty ok, my stitches (even the purl rows on the heel flap) look pretty even, and the directions make sense. I hope it keeps going this well.

Unfortunatly I did not get good knitting vibes from bored-to-tears-with-all-brandee's-yarn co-worker who said "why would anyone wear socks that color". I about cried... but i didnt. i was strong and looked at her harshly, with a distinct "ah" (like a hairball ridden cat) "I like them!" Bah, what does she know.

Anyway, tonight I REALLY need to work on finding my house if I expect my dad and other assorted people (some of whom I have either never met or havent seen in 15 years) to come to my house Saturday and have someplace to sit/walk/eat/hang their bag.

Ok, back to pogo, i mean real work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger