Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Crochetville


Well, I joined Crochetville and i'm excited about it. I've posted a few pics of my work and have gotten some really nice feedback. I just wonder if people EVER post negative things? I know that if I dont like something I just dont post, but if I do like something I will post. Like my mama taught me - if you dont have anything nice to say...

I'm half tempted to do a CAL but only half. I like the Cathedral afghan but it looks difficult and I cant find the pattern. Becides, I dont really need the cheerleading. I'm getting along on my afghan, it's coming out really nice. I've got the bottom section done (3 stripes, the star line and 2.5 stripes) and now i've got my 2 half motifs and 2 full done (to the joining row) with only 3 more full to go before I can join them. I really like this join as you go thing, it beats the heck out of whip stitching - which I HATE!!!! It is going a bit quicker than I thought it would, it's also taking more yarn than I expected. I'm using RHSS burgandy and soft navy and MainStays White. My next afghan (for a Christmas gift to my son's God Parents) will be this one: well, i cant find it. I did one already, that's what the pic is of. This time it will be celery instead of the tan and cream instead of burgandy.
It's basically this -
W/ Color 1 (C1) ch a bunch - this will be the bottom (in mulitples of 4) sc in 3rd from end, ch 3, sk 3 sc, repeat to end. with C2 attach in ch 3 w/sl st, ch 3. 2 dc in same, 3 dc in next ch 3, to end.
attach C1 with sl st in sc from row 1, ch 5, sc in sp before next 3 dc, ch 3, sc in sp before next 3 dc, repeat across ending with dc in last st of row 1.
Keep going with pattern to desired legnth. 3 rounds of sc around as border.

I know that isnt really a pattern, but it gives you an idea. It looks really nice and I get many compliments on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger