Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My weekend

This weekend was a blast, and I have some pictures to prove it!

Friday - My mother in law made spaghetti, and I was obliged to eat it, even though I was meeting Tracie at Tias before the yarn winding commenced. It was very good, and I was full when I left, which wasnt good. Got to Tias, we werent sure if Ray was meeting us, got us some queso and frosty beverages (Shirley Temple for me thankyouverymuch) and chatted a bit. Ray was stuck at a work thing but was still planning coming. We saw a lady with very big hair. You will have to excuse the bad pic, but my phone gets confused by lights sometimes.

Can you see that big poof of white? There, above the half wall, yeah that's it. Scary. The wait staff was making fun of her. We were making fun of her. It was humerous. Unfortunatly she had left by the time Ray got there, or he would have laughed too. I showed him the pic though.

Anyway, we had fun, Ray had one of his buds meet us up there, but I had to go. Apparently Ray, his friend and Tracie stayed at Tias until loud people took over, then went to Denny's until late. A good time was had by all.

Saturday, I cleaned, went shopping, thats about it. Sorry.

Sunday, I cleaned, went shopping, we ate at Subway for lunch, went home, started cooking, and waiting. Jake spent a good majority of the day sitting in a little plastic chair in the entryway of the house waiting for Tyler (age 5). This started at 9am. Party started at 6. It was humerous. Tracie got there first, which was good because she was early and I put her to work. Then Hans and Kerry made it - straight through from Atlanta, and they brought me peaches. Which is handy since this year my peach tree went on strike. mmmmm, peaches. Anyway, lets see, Tony, wife Nette, Tyler and baby Bailey came ( and of course I am a dumbass and forgot to take pics. she is so cute, that baby)(no really, a beautiful baby). Bridget, Jason & Stacy, think that's it.

Funny things:
*I dont know how to make potato salad, wanted potato salad, was thankful that a couple southern gals did know how, and were able to improvise with less then perfect ingrediants. Also, I should have thought about making potato salad BEFORE everyone got there. It was yummy.

*I got tipsy off being around drunk people. It was funny to me when Tracie pointed this out, but she was right.

*Jake did not like the "grown up jello", and half of his ended up on the floor.

*Jake had some of the boudin (of course without me seeing him) and came back in with it in his hand saying "Mommy, I dont like this chicken".

*I finally convince Tony to actually be a bartender at one of my partys and I cant drink. Urg. Everyone else was happy though. I think he was having fun doing it too.

*I was concerned for the crab's hearing, since they are on top of one of the stereo speakers.

Now some pics:
















(Tracie & Hans, Bridget & Kerry, Me - self portrait, Kerry maybe a little tipsy)


Tracie thought that I needed to bring the sock out. I do not have a sock in progress, so I brought out the last one I did:

Tracie and the sock, Tracie wearing the sock with Hans' foot, Bridget and Jason "what's up with the sock". I tried to make them understand.







Travis acting, uh, normal with the jello shooter things.









Jake not wanting his pic taken. He was tired and needed a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger