Friday, March 10, 2006

yarn, 80's and the sweater

Ok, I dyed my first yarn last night. I'm very excited even though it looks like a black eye and dishwater. It is kinda pretty though... just hard to explain nicely. I put it up in my etsy store, along with the monkey scarf. i'll list the yak scarf if anyone shows intrest. Here's my yarn.






40 yards of fingering/baby weight. Heat set with wilton icing coloring in purple and what was supposed to be sage but looks more like dishwater. It's kinda neat too how the purple made the blue. Am I wrong? Does it not look like a black eye?


I went to Walmart last night to get stuff to make for the parties tomorrow and found a VH1 I Love the 80's shirt in baby blue and these:

Yep! Jelly bracelets and rings - $3.
So my outfit will be:
1 pair keds
1 pair faded jeans
1 pair pink/green legwarmers
I Love the 80's shirt
hair in side ponytail on the top of my head
some sort of ugly huge bow holding the pony tail
jelly bracelets
a ring on every finger
I may post a picture, depends on how bad it is.


Here is a pic of actually in the 80's:


This is Jennifer and Me in 1989 on picture day in 9th grade. What you cant see is that I'm wearing a big silver peace sign on a leather necklace. And that dress - it's a slim fitting straight dress interupted by a POOF in the middle. Scary. And hello with the eyebrows. Yeah. Moving on.







I am about to start the decrease for arm hole area of the front of this sweater/shirt for Damarys. This is where I messed up on the back... but it'll be under her arm and NO one will know. She probably wont know. Hopefully I can make it look beautiful. If not, I'll fake it. Then on to boobs. Never done boobs before - only sweaters that dont care about boobs. This one has defined boobs. I'll show you when i'm done.

That's it for now. Oh, if you want to buy either the black eye yarn or the monkey scarf go to my store: www.brandeekins.etsy.com . It would make me happy to sell my yarn today. Not that I expect that to happen, but it would make me feel good. I'll make some more tonight in a bigger amt. 40 yards is pretty small. Anyway, cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger