Monday, February 27, 2006

yarn and knitting and crack

Lets see, Saturday Travis didnt feel good and decided to stay home which i thought would hamper my idea of going to Knit N Knibble (lys www.knitnknibble.com but they suck). But he was sleeping and it was ok for me to go. SO I called Tracie and we headed over. We got there at 5, there was a class going on in one room w/the door shut and there were about 6 people knitting at a table in the middle, being jovial and chatting amongst themselves about this and that. There were a couple gals working while the mgr was shut away and while they did push past us a couple times to put some here or there, they did not say 1 word to either of us. Not hello, welcome, can i help you find something.... nada. Not until we got up to pay (grudgingly, cause we were ticked, but we had never seen verigated wool before...) did anyone say anything to us, and that was just "would you like to be in the computer for the mailing list" and "this is your total." HELLO!!!!!! I have been treated better in the craft section in Walmart. I have NEVER been to a shop of any kind, most especially one that is privatly owned (no i dont expect someone to gush to help me at Publix) where people completly ignore you. People pushed past us without excuse me. Tracie said "So this is what it feels like to be invisible" I agreed. I had brought in my camera but didnt even take it out because I was pretty miffed. Anyway, moving on.

At cys (crappy yarn store) I purchased 1 skein of verigated wool in pink/salmon/raspberry that I absolutly adored. I would have gotten 2 but 1 was all they had. I also bought a pair of size 10.5 16" circular needles (shh, dont tell the crochet group) to make a hat out of my new pretty yarn following the recipe at www.crazyauntpurl.com (on the right under recipes - easy roll brim hat). She mentioned something about gauge ... ?... and I had pretty skinny yarn so I cast on until I ran out of tail and it almost filled up the circs. Purl says in her recipe that you can just use plain knit stitch and because it's on the circs it makes stockinette for you without the evil purling. That's some good news! SO I worked on that Sat night for a little, did the casting on and most of the first row (which is hard) and I finished that row in the morning before i left for church to sing, and was able to work on the easy rows while waiting to sing. We also went to Universal yesterday and I was able to get some knitting done on the way there and back until it got dark. I've done about 3 inches and I like it. I'd show you but I left my phone at home... oops.

SPeaking of Church yesterday, one of my fellow singers brought in some Girl Scout cookies - I bought some Tagalongs. Travis doesnt like peanut butter, so they will be all mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger