Monday, March 13, 2006

Oh What A Weekend

Ok so you know about the adventures in dyeing, here's the final pics:

Oh yeah, snuck one in - the blue one I did Saturday morning. Then we had our felting workshop, no pics yet from that but I promise to post as soon as i get them. We went to Uncommon Threads for some yarn retail therapy and had FUN FUN FUN. Of course I had much less fun than Tracie did, but I spent about $20 and got 850 yards (!) for $12 (!!) of undyed cotton in funky texture, then some brownish raw cotton on sale for $6 for 160 meters. I was SOOO excited. I cant wait to dye them. I put the above yarn for sale on my etsy account, we'll see if something sells. These are all 100 yards and I have them listed for $12. Hopefully, hooks crossed, they will sell. I just want SOMETHING to sell. I finished Damarys' shirt about 20 min before we had to leave for the parties - talk about close call. I dont have a pic yet of her in it, i need to make the boobie part a little less clevagy (is it a word, probably not, but you know what i mean). Hopefully i'll do that today at lunch. Here's me

at the party. Then Me & Damarys. You Cant see her 2 pairs of socks that alternate. It was fun.













Yesterday Travis, Jake and I went canoeing after Church. We had a blast, it was Jake's first time in that boat so he was excited but leary of being so close to the water - alligators and such. We did see 5 or so gators, I showed him herons and turtles and an osprey.









This is Jake using oars as skis. Notice the crew cut - yeah. Apparently my defination of Spiky is different then the hair lady's defination of spiky.

Jake with oars just coming back from rowing. My arms feel like they want to go on strike. LOOOOTSA rowing.






Then tacos for supper, watched Charlies Angels Full Throttle from the $6 bin at walmart, iron chef then sleep. Still sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger