Friday, February 24, 2006

Yarn is addictive... and the monkey

so last night I had to get my son some new undies because he's grown out of the size 4s. hehe. I also needed a b-day gift for one of his little friends and some peas so off we went to Walmart (mine is nice and I grocery shop there). And I had to go to the toy aisle and make my way around to the little boy underwear aisle... and what is in between..... yarn. Yep! And yarn on sale even. And books on sale. (bad bad bad). A bunch of their NOBO yarn was on sale for a buck. I got 8 black (like polar fleece), 2 red, 1 white then 1 pink (for walk stuff) and 2 of this fun fur/ribbon bits in black w/white/grey bits. AND I got 3 books - a skull cap book, a poncho book and a scarf book. The books were $3. oops. And I looked again for smaller circs but no luck. SO, what's that - $23 on crocheting (not knitting, be proud). oops. BUT I have decided to go through my stash and gather together some yarn that I wont be using that I bought because - hey, it's a buck! or whatever and put some lots together for ebay.

SO with my new skull cap book I started making a hat. I tried with the polar fleece stuff and failed, then tried with some cozi I have thats really cute and failed. Fuck if I couldnt see OR feel the stitches! So I got out the skein of the plush from which i made my sweater and viola!

A matching hat for my sweater (which i am also wearing today). No, I didnt get a new cami.




SO, Jake got his new undies - Ninja Turtles! He was excited. And some tighty whites for under his karate outfit. And this morning he wanted the whites, strange child.

Anyway, guess that's about it for now. Oh, the monkey - see those brown feet above my head? Yep, that's my monkey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger