Friday, February 17, 2006

Bored bored bored bored

BORED BORED BORED BORED. BUT the boss is here so i cant whip out the crochet. I've gotten about 38 of the 53 rounds done for the body of the bag and I think it will be very nice once it's felted. Our group has decided that March 11 will be our felting workshop. Not sure yet where it will be at, but it will be fun none the less. Um, um, um, oh, I should be working but I have nothing really to do and I really dont want to help anyone else in the office right now. I could start entering Donations into the govt page but I have so much time to do that - it just seems to get the most respect from my co-workers and they leave me alone.

Current Projects:

I'm still working on the chenile throw. I really hate working with the chenile - it's the thin kind and gets all twisty and drives me bonkers. It is pretty and will be really soft after a run through the wash w/softener.

My knit scarf - I've got about 6 inches done. I have to be in a mood for knitting, a fed up with my WIPs and dont know what else to start mood.

The felted bag - As I said above i've gotten probably about 3/4 the way done. It's really big and floppy just now, but after it's felted I think it will be very pretty. I may need to felt a flower to go on it... we'll think about that.

3-Day stuff to whore out - I decided to give everyone that donates to my 3-day a hand crocheted pink ribbon (i'm expanding this to include pink scrunchies - you're choice). You can donate at http://www.the3day.org/TampaBay06/brandeekins Please!!! I need to get started on making those. I'd like to have a bunch on hand wherever I go so I can ask various people for donations - at church, choir, lunch - whatever. If you make a donation of at least $5, email me your addy and ribbon/scrunchie preference and I'll send you one free (well, for $5 I suppose).

Thats it... I will just quit mentioning the other bootie for the Christening set. You know. Ugh.

3-Day News - My daddy said he'd donate $40. That makes me happy happy! I sent him to the website, so we'll see what he does with this new information. I also found out that my 3-day coach is a gal I went to Jr High with - but she was one of the popular girls... I was SOOO not one of those. Interesting that I'd remember her name (not that it's an easy one to forget) and she never knew mine. I think we may have shared a drama class - not sure. Kooky.

Anywho... Um, oh, the holiday tissue covers. Seeing as how I do these craft fairs in which LOTS of little old ladies shop i've (actually we've if I count Tracie who had half the idea) I'm (read "we") gonna make the holiday tissue covers from the calendar as a set - 1 tissue cover w/all 6 or whatever add ons for each holiday - V-day, St Pats, Fall, Christmas, etc. I may even add a couple not in there - a Flag would be nice, and an easter egg, then sell the whole set. While i'm sure no one under 50 will buy them, i think they will be a nice addition to our little stand. Also perhaps a tea cozy since we had 1 request for it at the 3 shows we did.

SPeaking of shows... we have one coming up on March 25, 2006 on Largo Main St. It will be fun, I really enjoy doing the shows with the girls - it's like an all day crochet group meeting and sometimes we make some money. Handy how that works out. We have so much fun together, which makes it very nice.

Ok, that's it for now, maybe more later. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger