Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Promise broken #1

Well, I did it. I said I wouldnt but I did. Yep, I started a new project - without finishing the ones I had already started! I used the purple yarn from the mohair bunch and started a baby jacket. the yarn is pretty thin so its a very light jacket, but it's coming out cute. I've done both sleeves and am a few rows up on the body. I should have most of it done during my crochet meeting tonight, that's the plan anyway.

I also started piecing together a magic ball, I had a BUNCH of scraps from one of the crochet group gals and decided that instead of taking up 50 million baggies it should be made into a big ball. It's about 7 inches in diameter. I stopped when I couldnt hold it in my hand anymore. Maybe eventually i'll do a magic ball scarf or hat... or both. But not now - see, progress! Sue didnt bring me yarn today so I cant work on her dress, she's going tonight so I should have it tomorrow to work on - and i should be able to get it back to her by the time we come back from the holiday on Tuesday.

I have finished 4 birdhouses and they are now in a baggie w/the rest of the birdhouse centers. I didnt like the way the varigated looked so i frogged it. I now have 2 navy and 2 dark sagy green birdhouses. I just need to decide if I want to just do those colors or add some others or what. I'll think about it a while and figure it out eventually. GREAT... another ufo lurking in my living room! Oh well, what can you do.

One of the gals is bringing her yarn winder to the meeting tonight so I can wind up the chenille. I know there will be much jealousy over it - hehe. If I have extra after my afghan I'll share... promise! Now to find the perfect pattern to go with it.

Ok, that's enough for now - have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger