Friday, April 07, 2006

Unfortunate socks?

So you know i finished the other socks - YIPPEE!!!! But now i want to make my step mom some - I think i'll send her one because she was the one to mention that socks need to be 2... whatever; then a day later send her the other one... hehe. ANyway, so i'm looking in my sock book for socks to make her. I have 2 different yarns in contention for the socks (henceforth known as purple and teal)









and a few patterns in my book that I like. There are these:









And these 2:





Now I started with the purplie socks in the purple yarn. You cant really see but they have these LITTLE bitty cables that were in the following pattern:p2, k2tog but leave the stitches on the left needle, then k into the 1st stitch of the k2tog then slip sts off left needle, p2. Then 2 rows of k2p2. Very cute. But they ended up being a bit of a pain in the arse, and a little small I thought for a grown up foot.

So here's how it went:
Purple socks, purple yarn
ivory socks purple yarn
ivory socks teal yarn
teal socks teal yarn
teal socks purple yarn and that's where I am now - and i've done 3/4 inch. only 800 more to go!

Urg. Plus there's my husbands genius at work. Last night as I was frogging the purple sock in the purple yarn he says "honey, why dont you go back to crocheting since you were much happier doing that". Dear sweet man. Does he not understand that I need to conquer the knitting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger