Monday, February 06, 2006

Projects done... yippee

Lets see, I finished the afghan for Tyler at 12 and had to leave at 2... close... yes. I didnt have time to wash it but did give them washing instructions. He liked it and it matched, and that's all good.

I made a kitty pi! I stole this idea from www.crazyauntpurl.com who stole it from wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm but it's all good. Here's mine... with kitty from this monring. I did take pics of it while it was blocking, but that was with the actual CAMERA and not the phone so i'll get those tonight. I was so suprised because the felting only took 1 washing in hot water, i kinda expected 3 or 4 washings. Happy, yes, because I did not have to spend a million dollars on hot water heating, but i just wonder if it will always work like that. It was fun and I really enjoyed the suspense. My only question on it is that I thought it would stand up more, or have a little more stiffness to it. I blocked it on an upside down 12" round cake pan that had a towel on top then the pi, then tied the sides of the pi w/string to hold it closer into place. Chewy likes it, we'll see if it serves its purpose of actually getting him OFF my lap while i'm crocheting.

Then I started & finished a purse for my exchange. This weekend was very productive crochet-wise. I did this in homespun, it took 1 skein and i was worried it wouldnt stretch but i had about a yard left, whew! I thought about doing buttons but they are always such a pain in the ass, so I didnt. I put candy in the pocket on front so you'd know there's a pocket. It worked up so quick, and it's just like the hobo bag I have for sale... www.ecrafter.com/brandeekins . I like it and hope my swap partner does too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger