Friday, February 03, 2006

Afghan. Not. Done. Yet.

So i did get quite a bit done on the afghan last night considering i had to eat at my in-laws and had open house at Jakes school at 7 and didnt get home until after 8. I crocheted through an episode and a half of That 70's Show plus all of CSI, then a little Iron Chef Secrets then went to bed to watch Chef for about 10 more minutes then went to bed.

I have started the last red stripe but have not completed a row of said stripe. I need to finish that then do the border which will hopefully not take forfreakingever.

Deadline - tomorrow at 12 when I have to wrap it, then get my kid from his grandmothers (assuming he gets a green face today and is allowed to spend the night... pray hard for this... pray hard) and leave for the party.
Yes the party starts at 3 and it's only 45 minutes away, but I will leave at 1. Why you ask? Because a yarn shop... a REAL yarn shop is only 10 minutes away from my final destination.
Do I have money to spend in said yarn shop... no, not really, but I do have a little left over from my bonus that I was supposed to use to buy a replacement camera with but used for groceries instead. camera schmamera... i'll put it on plastic. This is yarn. And last time i got yarn from there I gave it away in the white elephant. I want expensive yarn for ME!

No, I dont have any clue what i'll buy or what I even would want to make! But c'mon, it's a REAL yarn store.

In other crochet news, my crochet group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tampabaycrochet/ has decided that we are gonna get together one saturday and learn to felt. None of us have ever done it... i've never even crocheted with wool. I've never seen wool in a store, much less bought it! But... I would like to make the kitty pi ( http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm ) But I like the one on www.crazyauntpurl.com better - so that's what i'm gonna copy... cept not knit.... and not in expensive yarn (because i'm poor)(and it's for my cat)(and i'm not on crack today).

Maybe more late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger