Thursday, February 02, 2006

Purl, the ex's kid's afghan and other craziness

Lets see, I'm still VERY ambitious about the afghan for Tyler, Oh, guess I havent told you about that.
So my ex boyfriends little boy turns 5 this weekend and I'm taking my little boy over for the party (yes I know, this is strange). After deciding I would just let Jake pick out a lego thing for Tyler I changed my mind as I am sometimes wont to do.
I thought to myself - Tyler needs an afghan! Yes, I know it's Friday and I have only 7 days to make it... but I think his room is Spider man and I have some royal and burgandy rhss (not soft, I know, but c'mon, i'm po).
So I called Tracie and she sent me the pattern - she rocks - to the afghan she maid her nieces - it's all fptc/bptc so all the ridges are on the front - 3dc, 2fptc, 3 dc, etc to the middle then it's 3dc, 5fptc 5 times then back to 2fptc, next row it's backwards w/bptcs instead. It's coming out nice and I'd love to show you a current pic, but I like a dumbass forgot my phone (w/the camera inside) so I have to show you an OLD pic - old being 2 days ago.
I've now got 4 complete stripes and i'm on the 5th but only a couple rows in. each stripe has 13 rows. I have a total of 6 skeins - 3 each, and each row takes up about 2/3 skein. i'll do 6 stripes and a border of some sort. Tracie included directions for a border but I'm a bad crocheter and havent read that far yet :).

In other news, I have become completly enamored with www.crazyauntpurl.com and not only do I read it every day, but I've started at the beginning and read forward - granted i've only gotten a couple months in but then, I do at least TRY to LOOK like i'm working! AND I've directed a couple friends there and THEY have become addicted to her too. That chicks a hoot, and I would SOOOO invite her to our crochet group if a) she crocheted and b) didnt live in CA. I'd even be willing to overlook the whole of (a) because she's gotten me thinking about my knitting needles. Fleeting thoughts, but thoughts nonetheless. And in reading her blog I have started trying to be a bit more creative in mine, and not as boring as normal. We'll see how this plays out. I had (as in highschool and before had) loved to write and have a gazillion page 1's of novels shoved somewhere in my closet. My problem - ending anything. I'm pretty good at starting, but ending... not so much, but thats a story for a different day.

I guess that's it for now. Have a fantastic day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger