Monday, July 18, 2005

I made the cutest purse!

Of course I gave it to Stacy because it is SUCH a Stacy purse. Since I cant find a pic online of it from the pattern, guess i'll have to take one of my own and post it. It wont be for a while though, because the in-laws are taking our camera with them to MS & LA for 10 days... along with our son. It'll be so quiet in the house, but i'll miss him like crazy. I havent been away from him for this long ever! I think 2 or 3 days was the most.

From the same book (In The Bag by Leisure Arts) as the Stacy Purse (aka Everyday Shoulder Sack) I found another adorable bag - Bear Purse - it's a purse for a little girl made out of homespun that looks like a bear. I just gotta get the eyes and a button nose and it will be done. (cant find that one online either - humph). Since I dont have anyone in particular for that one, it'll go on my website for sale. I also started to make another Stacy purse, but changed up the pattern a bit (i know, you're suprised arent you) but it's going easier and will look nicer going in rounds than front and back & stitching it together. There's more cute bags in here to make, but that will have to be after I finish up a few WIPs.

I also finished stitching together the squares for the sailboat afghan. It was supposed to have 12 sailboats, it has 9... and i'll make an extra big border frame. I HATE STITCHING SQUARES TOGETHER!!!!! I've got 1 sc round done and i've only got one more side to go in the dc before that row is done. I'm thinking 1sc, 2dc rows in navy, dc white, sc gold, dc white, 1sc, 2dc in light blue for the border. Oh well, i'm not getting paid for it and if it doesn't sell at the silent auction for work it'll go on my website for sale.

Guess that's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger