Thursday, July 14, 2005

My Crochet Pattern Book Addiction


So not only do I have YAS (yarn acquisition syndrome) but I also have a CPBA (crochet pattern book addiction). Such a sad sad thing too! I was ordering a book from Barnes And Noble that was completly non-crochet related and my total was 13.67. BUT if you spend more than $25 you get free shipping. Well, i'm all into saving money!!! So, i'm poking around the site and spot a wonderful crochet book I just HAD to have. "Too Cute Crochet for Babies and Todlers: A whimsical collection of hats, scarves, mittens & booties". The reviews on the book are very good, all 5 stars and it has pattern names like "peppermint pinwheel beret" complete w/candy cane scarf, "Black Kitten Cap" w/pointed ears and "Heidi Hat". But, i cant wait to get it and try the patterns out. I am confident that i'll be able to sell a bunch of baby stuff this fall at some of the craft fairs that are coming up.

Last night I had crochet group, and i'll post a pic once they are off the camera (story of my life). We had 6 ladies and as usual had to pay attention to not run over our 2 hours. It was nice and we talked about lotsa stuff from men who crochet to roller coasters and movies that scared us as kids - and how we still do silly stuff because of it (like not putting our feet on the floor from the bed in the dark). We'll meet again in 2 weeks. I really like Borders' strawberry banana smoothies but $3.91 is just a little too rich for my blood. Next time i'm bringing in my own water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger