Monday, April 24, 2006

Stripy Sock & Fishing


My Mom, Grandpa, Travis, the sock and I went fishing on Sunday. I wanted to bring the sock in progress, but Travis said no. My mom had no problems posing with the sock on the boat.





My mom was the only one to not catch anything, and silly me only got a pic of my Grandpa catching the one he threw back.







It was a nice bonding time, we had a lot of fun. I only got a very slight sunburn which is good. So we caught 3 snappers, plus 2 pity fish and they didnt want any so we have 5 to cook tonight. Now, I love to fish but I dont like to eat fish. Crazy, I know. I did tell Travis that i'd try it, but I do expect to make a lot of probably mac n cheese as a side so i can eat mostly that and a little fish. I was a little disappointed that the fishing wasnt better, but they did warn us when we got on the boat. This time of year is bad because all the fish are full of eggs and dont feel hungry for the bait. I thogught that was pretty interesting.

After the first one we kept the boat guy asked us what number we wanted. Silly question - but 37 was still available. Guess not everyone is as enamored with Clerks as I am. Who knew?







Here's our catch - 3 snappers. Not the red ones.
Here's a better pic of the fish.








As we were leaving I was trying to get a pic of the sock saying goodbye to the boat. Travis felt pity and held it for me. Sucker.





After ripping out the stupid second sock 2 times, i'm finally done with starting it. I've got about 2.5 inches done. Hopefully since i wont be ripping it out anymore (God willing) that it will be done soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



      Member

Powered by Blogger